Business objectivesVicFleet provides motor vehicle services and support to organisations across Victorian Government. Fleet managers can access information on how to purchase, register and insure a vehicle, as well as useful information on a range of vehicle related issues.
Policies, standards and guidelinesVicFleet manages the whole of government Standard Motor Vehicle Policy. This policy is obligatory for all Victorian government departments and inner-budget agencies, and should be used as a guide for all other government agencies.
ServicesVicFleet provides the following services:
- facilitates the financial and organisational development of the Victorian government motor vehicle fleet by providing a finance lease facility for government departments and agencies that includes:
- vehicle acquisition, maintenance and disposal services; and
- whole-of-government vehicle related contracts.
- maintains the whole of government motor vehicle policy environment and provides advice to government on motor vehicle issues; and
- provides a range of fleet management services for client departments and agencies (VicFleet Management and Leasing).
For more information on services visit VicFleet
Buying a used vehicle
If you are interested in purchasing an ex-lease government vehicle, weekly public auctions are held. Details of auction times and vehicles offered
are updated on the Friday prior to an auction.
General enquiriesPostal address:
Department of Treasury and Finance
Level 4, 1 MacArthur Street
Melbourne Vic 3002
+61 3 9651 1393
The 2013-14 Budget papers are now available on the Budget website.
Future direction for public private partnerships
The Treasurer has announced a set of reforms that will guide the next phase of PPP investment in Victoria.
Natural Disaster Financial Assistance
Councils need to provide financial assistance claims for all eligible costs associated with infrastructure repairs for the 2010-11 Victorian floods, as well as any other natural disaster events which occurred during 2010-11, by 30 June 2013.
The 2012-13 Model Report is now available. This document assists Victorian government departments and other public sector entities with the planning and preparation of disclosures for the 2013 Annual Report.